Frequently Asked Questions
We are a licensed, insured, and fully bonded tour operator and travel agency; which means that your payment and booking are secure and you deal directly with us, not a third party.
With over 20 years of travel design service, our team is made up of passionate locals who love to share the very best of their culture both responsibly and sustainably.
If you book your itinerary with us, you’re pulling from our personal relationships with locals that want to deliver a very special experience. Our team speaks fluent English, Spanish, and Portuguese (among others), as do our guides and chauffeurs. We customize every tour to meet your interests, dietary needs, and level of activity. From the moment you contact us, we will provide VIP personalized customer service throughout your trip.
- Access to experiences that we have personally vetted over the past 20 years
- Unbiased advice and recommendations from our team of experts
- Continuous itinerary revisions until we’ve crafted a tour that you’re excited about
- 24/7 assistance to help with any changes, delays or cancellations during your tour
- On-call support for any special requests and VIP services
Crawling through websites to find the best hotels, restaurants that meet your dietary needs, and quality tours that match your general timeline is neither easy nor fun. It’s time-consuming, tedious and can be a challenge if you’re not proficient in the local language. Without a direct relationship with the supplier, there’s no personal attention, which often translates to a cookie-cutter experience. And if you have an issue in-country, there’s nowhere to turn for support.
- Fill out the form below with as much detail as possible about your idyllic trip.
- Our team will then contact you within one business day to either schedule a quick phone call or to clarify any questions we might have about your trip. We will also assess whether we’re a good fit based on your specific needs and budget.
- Assuming a good match, we’ll then request a 300€ non-refundable deposit to craft your tour.
- Our first proposal will include:
- Accommodation ideas based on availability and preference
- Tours or Experiences requested
- Other Activities we feel would be of interest
- Approximate price based on requested services
- After your feedback, we’ll keep revising the itinerary until we’ve found the perfect trip that matches your needs and budget.
- When you’re ready to book your itinerary, we’ll request 30% of the total amount to secure accommodations and activities.* The remaining balance will be due 60 days prior to travel.
- Final documents will be presented 1-3 weeks prior to your arrival both online, via our private app, and if you wish, a downloadable PDF.
- During your time traveling with us, our team will offer 24/7 assistance to support any unforeseen circumstances that may pop up during your trip. You can reach us at any time via phone, SMS, Whatsapp, email or our mobile application which hosts your itinerary.
- When you return home filled with fantastic memories, we’ll contact you to request feedback.
*Price and availability are subject to change until a deposit is paid.
We suggest budgeting an average of 300€ per person, per day. If your budget is not sufficient to achieve your ideal experience, we’ll be sure to let you know.
Catavino’s pricing is presented on a per-person basis in euros. If you would like to adjust the pricing, we can make changes to your proposal to meet your needs.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide this information for several reasons. As many of our providers do not publish their prices publicly, we can’t either. Additionally, our costs are bundled in an effort to reduce the final price for you. We will, however, work with you to create the very best experience to match your budget.
Although we will do our very best to support our clients when unforeseen incidents occur, we do not refund payments barring a very limited set of extreme cases. Every itinerary we provide contains a full terms and conditions policy for your review prior to booking.
Yes. We highly recommend that you have travel insurance. Travel insurance will help protect you when:
- You need to cancel your trip but don’t want to lose your investment
- Your flight is canceled, delayed or rebooked
- You need emergency medical or dental assistance
- Your bags are lost
- Your items are stolen
If you need support choosing travel insurance, our team can help. And in the unfortunate case where you need to submit a claim, we are here to help provide any documentation needed.
Portugal & Spain, along with the other Schengen States, have an agreement with several countries, allowing for visa-free stays of up to 90 days. Visa-free trips are only for tourism and do not apply in the event you are planning to work, study, or retire in Portugal or Spain. To know whether you need a visa, please go here: https://visaguide.world/
Both of these countries are extremely safe to visit. Other than the occasional pickpocketing, Portugal and Spain are considered some of the safest countries in the world. Go here for more information.
Fortunately, Portugal and Spain have a robust healthcare system that can support you in case of an emergency. Most doctors speak English, and translation services are available should you need them.
For non-emergencies, pharmacies are incredibly useful to diagnosis the level of support you may need. If they cannot provide it, they will guide you to the correct location that can.
*We highly recommend travel insurance for any unforseen dental or medical expenses.
Most online comparisons leave out important details such as government taxes, hotel fees, room category differences, and amenities. Our pricing for custom-designed trips will be slightly more than booking direct, in part because we’re contracting personally vetted services, guides, transport, and lodging to ensure that you receive the very best experience possible. Our pricing also includes 24/7 support during your trip to support: last-minute changes, cancellations and reconfirmations. We deeply value our client’s trust and respect in us and will do everything we can to uphold it. We believe that the value you receive from working with Catavino is more than worth the price.