Catavino’s Responsible Travel Policy
Our Responsible Travel Policy outlines our ongoing and evolving commitment to support local communities, preserve the environment, protect those at risk, and giving back to the places we travel throughout Portugal and Spain. Our staff, suppliers and guides are frequently educated on our core principles as they continuously evolve and develop alongside our own growth as individuals and as a company.
Respecting Local Cultures
Catavino tries our best to protect and look after people – in particular, our most vulnerable – by observing basic human rights, and ensuring we are promoting among our staff, travelers, local communities and suppliers/business partners, their right to be treated with dignity, equality, freedom and respect.
In our Offices (theLab)
- Celebrating diversity by actively hiring individuals of all age, gender, sexuality and interests. Today, we are proud to say that other than the CEO, our entire office is run by women.
- Offering remote working, flexible vacation days, and observance of religious holidays to support family and community needs
- Bi-annual celebrations for our staff and suppliers to be recognized for their hard work and loyalty
On our Tours
- Observing and respecting local customs and etiquette by encouraging social interactions, rituals and celebrations with our clients
In the Destinations we Visit
- Portraying destinations fairly and respectfully in our communications and marketing material.
- Providing comprehensive and unbiased information on the local history, culture, environment, and gastronomy
- Actively researching organizations for which Catavino can contribute our time and/or financial assistance. Our policy will be updated accordingly in the future.